Monday, March 15, 2010

Foburg...even better than Pittsburgh? A Closer Look:


From what I remember, this past weekend in the Big Easy was as disgustingly fun as the others.

For those of you who decide to shelter yourself from the greater good, also known as the Underground New Orleans Indie Rock Movement (UNOIRM), you missed out on Foburg Fest.

Now, the acronym I used previously may not be real, but Foburg Fest was so REAL, it hurt.

Music and Frenchmen Street is just a lethal combination.

The Givers (Lafayette, LA) made me instantly forget that I lost $30 on Friday night.

photo by Kayla Dorion

Their upbeat happy-as-hell melodies just urged me to give less of a shit about money and had me dancing with a couch surfing Australian. Can a night get any better?

I couldn't tell you because I don't know what happened after I left the Blue Nile, but I'm sure it was just perfect.

The next night, at La Maison (downstairs), Sun Hotel stole my soul...again. (Download their EP for FREE you beer sluts)

After their show, I called every girl I knew, and I told them all to go to hell.

There are just so many realizations to be had at a Sun Hotel show. Plus, they give out free band koozies.


Photobucket
they even fit on Hurricanes!

After Sun Hotel , I made the walk up 2 staircases to see Caddywhompus literally tear La Maison down...I actually think there was structural damage.

I really don't know if I could describe their sound with words, I'd have to use colors and pictures of animals...and it would look like this.


I can't wait to see them terrorize Austin, TX at SXSW this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment